Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Halloween Post 2010...

Another year of pumpkin painting and decorating, trunk-or-treating, and office Halloween parties.  It was fun!  Luke decided to be Buzz Lightyear again.  I was glad his costume fit him still!  He was Buzz 2 years ago.  Here's Buzz when we first arrived at the ward trunk-or-treat.  He was ready to get on with the candy action!

 Ella saw her butterfly costume when I was unpacking some boxes and wanted to wear it again.  Glad she was happy to be butterfly for a second time!  Made things easy for me. ( Click here to see first round of the butterfly.)  She loved dressing up and getting candy. 

                                   
                                        Caught her with a whole fun size candy bar in her mouth...



We painted pumpkins with the Smiths a couple of weeks before Halloween.  My mom and dad sent the kids some fun face pieces to decorate pumpkins with, so the kids had fun decorating with those too.  It was kind of like playing Mr. Potato head for days... they kept changing the faces until the pumpkins were too squishy and gross to keep any longer.  Saving the face pieces for next year! :)  Here are a couple of our creations.



                 The dental squadron held a Halloween party for the kids at the office.  Luke and Ella had
                           a good time trick-or-treating at all the operatories and hanging out with their buddies.  


Most of the dental gang that came to the kiddi party...



Most of our Halloween festivities were on Friday and Saturday night.  After the ward trunk-or-treat we made an attempt at trick-or-treating on base.  Whoa!!  I've never seen so many people trick-or-treating in all my life.  That place was CRAZY.  You would think you were walking around Disneyland on a crowded night or something with the swarms of people walking around those streets.  The trick-or-treating started at 5:30, and when we went at about 7 or 7:30 the porches with lights still on were few and far between.  Streets were still packed with people though.  I don't know how people on base buy enough candy to stay open for longer then 10 minutes.  Fun seeing all the costumes walking around.  Seriously crazy amount of people though. 
Sunday we had some friends over for dinner.  We just got a handful of neighborhood trick-or-treaters at our house.  People around here like to dress up and go party on Halloween.  They trick-or-treat, but it doesn't seem to be a big thing.  Soo, theres Halloween 2010 for ya.  :)

6 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

The kids look adorable in their costumes. Too funny that they still fit them :) Sounds like you guys had a fun and eventful Halloween weekend.

Kristen said...

I love that Ella was able to fit a whole fun size in her mouth. Did you notice too that the fun size's were slimmer/smaller than usual? Candy companies cannot pull one over on me!

Jenni said...

FUn Halloween post!!! The kids look super cute as always! Yay for re-using costumes...Coby always gets the hand me downs so we at least can re-use one! I love the Mr Pototo HEad-looking pumpkins...that is adorable! Glad you guys had a good HAlloween! Miss you!

KaraLee Anderson said...

I love the pic of Ella and the candy bar in her mouth! Kids treat candy like their last meal and they go nuts:) I love the pumpkin decorating pokes- that is a great idea.

Hailey said...

I love that butterfly costume--looks like fun!

Heather said...

CUTIES! You are the best mom!