Saturday, January 16, 2010

Of BaRFiNg and Beautiful SunSeTs

Here is Ella right before church last Sunday.  She was so cute playing all by herself in the toy room that I had to take a picture.   I don't know why she is chewing on a thermometer, but it's quite fitting this day that she would be.     

At church she was being fussy in sacrament meeting and wouldn't hold still.  I decided to take her out, and we had just walked into the foyer when she threw up everywhere.  Aaaa!  So gross.  Barf was in my hair, all over my clothes, and all over Ella.  Poor girl!  So, she and I headed home and Jake and Luke stayed for the rest of church.  Luke went to his Sunbeams class (Woo hoo!) and really seemed to like his teachers, so that was good news for the day!
Little Ella started feeling better on Monday, and other then a bad case of D seemed to be herself again.  **Note to self:  NEVER cheap out and buy a case of Luvs diapers again.  Totally worth the extra couple of bucks to get the usual and much more absorbant Pampers or Huggies.**  Since Ella seemed better, Monday night we decided to go to Circus Circus for a fun FHE activity.  Luke had been wanting to ride the planes again at the Adventuredome and we had ride tickets left from our previous trip there.
We found out when we arrived that the Adventuredome is closed on Mondays this time of year.  Dang.  Our bummed little guy just walked around with us and looked at things.  We went into the gift shop to check things out, and while I was paying for a sweet Vegas 2010 calendar, Luke came over and told me his tummy hurt.  I hadn't finished the transaction before he threw up.  A lot.  I feel bad for whoever had to clean up the mac-n-cheese barf on the carpet.  So, the rest of the night I was up holding a bowl for him.
 Tuesday morning I started feeling sick and by noon I had the full-on flu too.
 We lounged around and watched episode after episode of The UpsideDown Show (Luke's FAV.. so we record it. It's normally on at 8 and 8:30 pm on Noggin/Nick Jr if you have yet to check it out!), Jungle Junctionand other kid shows.  When the kids both fell asleep I watched Julie & Julia.  Such a good movie.  Made me want to be a more adventurous cook!  By Wednesday afternoon we were all feeling pretty good again.  It's so not fun to be the mom when your family is sick.  Oh, and to the flu shots we got this year, you SUCK!  Haha.  Weeks like this remind me that I'm grateful my kids aren't sick very often.  Jake had another presentation this week at work, so he missed out on most of the puking action.  He wasn't feeling so great yesterday but for the most part, he's been able to dodge this bug.  Knock on wood...

We had lots more park and outside action on Thursday and Friday!  Luke requested that we play hopscotch one day.  I don't know where he got the idea and would never have thought to show him, but he was really good at it!  Ella thought that she was pretty awesome jumping around on the squares we made too. 

We have had some amazing sunsets lately that cover the whole sky.  Thursday night I busted out the camera to get some pictures!  Luke wanted to take some too, so some of these are his work .  He's got skills.  
Some from the back yard...           






and here are some we got from the front!



So, I'm glad it's Saturday now!  Glad the week is over.  Glad Jake is home.  Glad that I get to go for a run outside now and do some school work!

**Update... It's Saturday around 2 now, and I think I must have jinxed away Jake's good health.  He's sick.   =(

3 comments:

Jenni said...

You poor thing! Ok, getting thrown up on is the worse...it's happened a few times to me and it's ALWAYS in a public place! What's with that? My personal favorite was on the airplane going from Sacramento to home in Texas. That was a LONG flight. Hope Jake gets feeling better soon!! Those pictures are fantastic...so pretty! And my boys LOVE Jungle Junction...it really is a cute show! Wish I lived closer to ya...would have come and helped ya!!!

Kristen said...

Sounds like a super strong bug if everyone got it, but at least it didn't last too long. I hate cleaning up throw up, and I had to this week too. But Gunnar wasn't sick, he was just eating too much dinner at a time and gagged himself. It was curry too, and it smelled awful. Every time I have Indian curry it involves barf in some part of the equation, and I think I am done with it.

Tim and Melissa said...

I'm soo sorry you all had to be sick! Sounds like the super bug we all got this summer - no fun! I agree with the Luvs comment!