Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Little things from January

A few little things I don't want to forget...
*The kids and their rainboots. We got them a week or so ago when the weather here was rainy and cold. They have loved wearing them around.  Especially Ella.  Hers are a little big on her, but they were the smallest ones I could find.  She trips practically every time she tries to walk in them, but wants them on anyway!  haha.  She will bring them to me and yell 'boots peez!"  wanting me to put them on.  Here they are stylin in their PJs and boots reading bedtime stories together.   They didn't want to take them off.

*Ella is quite the little climber!  At church she just wants to climb all over the chairs, and at the grocery store she can't sit in the front of the cart anymore because she finds ways to get out of the seat belt and climb around.  I've turned around from grabbing something off of the shelf and caught her a few times just standing up in the front of the cart... yikes!!  I find her all the time on the top of the dining room table, on the bathroom counter top, and lately I find her sitting on the piano bench.  I can never sit down and play unless she's strapped in her highchair or something because she climbs up on my lap and wants to do it herself.
Caught in the act... 



* We took a trip to the 'dinosaur' park last week to feed the ducks.  It had been cold so apparently the ducks hadn't been getting their bread from park visitors.  They were CRAZY!!   From the second we got out of the car they started walking over to the parking lot for food.  Luke would throw a piece and then fifty birds would attack each other trying to get to it first.  Then they saw that Luke had a hand full and started chasing him around... it was funny!  We learned our lesson... best to go to the duck park on nice days when the birds aren't starved!  I didn't dare let Ella down because I thought they'd get her for sure!  Haha

* Luke says the funniest things and I actually thought to write some of them down lately.

In church his class was talking about why it is important to choose the right.  Luke blurted out after his teacher told them that they 'always need to choose the right'  "Or, you can choose left!"

This morning Luke came walking downstairs with a calculator in his underwear (sick).  He was just wearing his unders and a t-shirt.  I asked him what in the world he was doing and he said "MOM!  It has a weiner pocket!  Don't you know that you put stuff in pockets??"   (btw, why do they put those little openings in boys underwear??  Like they are really coordinated enough to use them....) 

We were getting out of the car and I was still singing some song that had been on the radio.  Anyway, Luke told me "Mom, stop singing. It will scare all of the spiders away."  Nice manners buddy.

Another one was "Hey, will you get me some popcorn??  If you do, I will get you a surprise..."  Hmm.... Sounds like I should stop bribing him to do things for me.

6 comments:

Chris and Abby said...

There rain boots are so cute. Glad you found some that worked... and all those birds? I would totally be FREAKING out... creepy! Love that luke has pockets in his underwear. Nice work dude!! haha.. love it. The things he says are too funny. Keep writing them down. They will be fun to look at later :)

Kristen said...

We fed our ducks too and they were starved as well. We felt bad when they saw us round the corner they all started flying and waddling as fast as they could. One stole an almost whole slice of bread from gunnar and totally ran off.

wiener pocket is hilarious. you can't make stuff up better than that.

Jenni said...

Ok, love the pocket story! Haha. Austin has the same rainboots...and he LOVES them too!

Jessica said...

What a funny little guy! I love the "pocket" one--with logic like that, how can ya blame him? ;)

Jessica said...

And... the barfing stories remind me of a certain little dude that couldn't get enough of a spinny chair at the Children's Museum in Mesa... until the chair got the best of him! In case you'd like to relive the moment: http://mcclurelove.blogspot.com/2009/09/roomies_08.html

KaraLee Anderson said...

LOL! I love reading about the funny things that kids say.