The kids and I wanted to get out and do something a couple of days ago (hard to come home from a long vacation and get back to routine) so we headed off to the Leid Childrens Discovery Museum. It's a fun and educational place to kill a few hours!
They have an area where you can make all kinds of bubbles. You can even stand inside of a bubble.
Luke was scared that the big bubble making contraption thing would fall on him or something. Haha.
It makes a really loud noise when you let go of the rope to make a bubble.
Ella loved the bubbles too, but I had to hold her so she wouldn't splash in all the tubs holding the soap solution stuff. She would go for a swim if she could. I let her run free in the music section.
She is quite the little harp player.
They have a make-believe town with a grocery store, bank, mechanic shop, an airport, and a few other things. We spent a long time in the airport again this trip.
We like watching the experiments. Last time we made ice cream with liquid nitrogen and the kids learned about cold things. This visit, the experiments were on different gasses and liquids, and whether or not they are flamable. They asked Luke if he wanted to help and he told them no. After we left he told me in the car
"mom, sometimes I'm just a little shy." Love that little boy!
We have to watch the news and see the rest of the country freezing for it to seem like winter around here! It has been so warm and sunny. We've been playing at the park and riding bikes every day this past week.
Last but not least, check out my little sunbeam!
No more nursery for this kid. Last week was supposed to be his first day in primary at church. He refused to go though and ended up coming to our Sunday school class.












5 comments:
Don't be surprised when they call you in Primary. ;) It's kinda fun though, getting to remember and sing all those songs. Send some rays our way!
That museum looks really fun! Isn't it fun now that the kids can both actually play at the park?? I remember loving that when Austin got older. And good luck with Primary...hope he went today for ya! Can you believe these guys are in Sunbeams?!!!
cute little kids! I kept wondering when you were going to post again. And then I realized, oh yeah, your blog is private and I need to check it :) So I'm glad there were a couple of posts to catch up on.
The museum looks like so much fun. The place where they have the little grocery store etc reminded me of the childrens museum in Salt Lake. Fun! Sorry about your sick week... hopefully it's all done for the year! And luke is such a handsome little sunbem!!
What a little man!
Post a Comment