Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Baby Girl Is One!!

We've had lots of fun getting to know this little princess over the past twelve months. It hardly seems like a year ago that we brought our pink bundle home from the hospital. I remember holding her and thinking that I needed to love every minute of her tininess because she was going to grow up fast just like her brother did. So, she grew up. And, just as I thought, way too fast. This past week she turned one year old. Happy Birthday baby Ella! We love you.



Here's a little about Ella at one year...
*She has always been a great little sleeper.
*Despite having a hard time naming her at first, the name Ella totally fits her now. Luke calls her Ella Bella. Kinda funny!
*She loves her brother, and lights up whenever he comes in the room!
*You probably won't meet more of a mama's girl then this little girl.
*She is a super girly girl! Anytime I get out her bows and hair things, or her shoes, she wants to dig through them... then tries to put them on. Don't try to put a headband on her though because she will rip them off after about five minutes! She only likes them if she's the one putting them on.
*She is pretty easy going most of the time, and quite serious. You have to work pretty hard to get her to smile, but when she does it's contagious!
* She loves music... especially theme songs from TV. If she hears the song from Barney or Caillou in the other room she will crawl in as fast as she can and start dancing to the music!
*She's a little book lover and will sit and look at her books for a long time. She will point to the pictures and jabber to herself. Loves it when we read to her.
*Loves to eat "nanas!" Loves her "baba" too. Is starting to develop quite the vocabulary! (Mama, Dada, ack! (Luke), bebe (baby), buh (bird), and some others I can't think of right now) You may need us to interpret though! :)
*She is a FAST little crawler and loves to get into EVERYTHING. If I go in another room for just a minute, I will come back out and find her splashing in the toilet, emptying drawers or cupboards, ripping up a magazine, or messing with whatever she can get her hands on. This is new for us since Luke never got into stuff! Can't wait to see what happens when she starts running and walking around!



She was so excited about the cupcakes on her big day that she grabbed one when we were singing happy birthday to her. I was holding her next to the cupcakes while Luke blew out her candle. Luke helped her open her presents too. He was nice enough to let her play with them when he was done though. Grandma Pam and Grandpa Paul were in town for the day to celebrate, and watched the kiddos while we went to my friend Bahar's wedding that night. Thanks for coming mom and dad! Happy Birthday baby girl! Oh, and Jenni, Happy Birthday to you!! We hope your day was a good one too!
Oh, and isn't it annoying when you publish something and then see a bunch of typos later! Aaah!

9 comments:

Mandee said...

AWWW!! CUTE PICS!!! Happy Birthday Ella!! wish we could've celebrated with you! it's still weird without ya'll here. we miss you!! hope all is well with you and your super cute fam!! love ya erin!!

Jenni said...

How cute is she!!!!!! Happy Birthday Ella! I'm so lucky I get to share it with ya!

Chris and Abby said...

Happy birthday Ella!! :)She is such a cutie. The Balloon pictures are so fun.

Kristen said...

Cool bright colors. Love that outfit and balloons with it. Happy B-day Ella bella!

KaraLee Anderson said...

Happy Birthday little munchkin! Time goes by so fast! I enjoyed reading about her funny little characteristics- it is amaZing how different these little people are from each other. Looks like her party was fun and she looked like she really enjoyed her cupcake!

Kajsa said...

i cant believe its really been a year!! its crazy! happy birthday to ella, she is a doll!!

Krista said...

cute, cute balloon pics!!
love that ikea chair too!
happy birthday to ella! :)

melimba said...

she looks TOO darling! I am lovin' her whole birthday outfit! SHe is just so stinkin' cute!

Too fun!

Hailey said...

Great pics of the cutie birthday girl!