1. This is my morning baby. She's always up by six, and so excited to see us. Luke doesn't wake up until eight or nine, so the early morning hours are fun with just her. Love her morning hair! It has gotten longer and thicker lately, but still manages to stick straight up a lot of the time!
2. Jake's fellow residents and their families came over for a BBQ on Saturday, and the Zimmermans came over to eat and hang with us on Sunday. We haven't made the effort to invite company over much since we moved here, so it was a fun change of pace.
2. Jake's fellow residents and their families came over for a BBQ on Saturday, and the Zimmermans came over to eat and hang with us on Sunday. We haven't made the effort to invite company over much since we moved here, so it was a fun change of pace.3. This is to die for. Here it is... Summerberry Stack made by Sweet Street Desserts. You can buy it at Costco. Don't worry, it's just 310 calories, 19 grams of fat for 1/2 a piece. ;)
4. What is the deal with "Bumpit"?? The infomercial about them is on all the time here. At first I thought they were the funniest things ever. I thought about buying one for a white elephant party or something. Then, I started seeing them at Walmart, and the lady in the return line ahead of Jake at Target was returning one. So, PEOPLE REALLY BUY THESE. (Or maybe they just do here in Vegas area??) Do you have one?
5. Whenever I go into the living room lately, Luke has taken off all of the pillows and couch cushions to make what he says is a rocket. He makes these "rockets" and then finds all of the remote controls, calculators, and toys with any type of button on them and shoves them under the pillows. Because, you know, cock-pits have a lot of buttons in them. NOT fun to clean up every day! Sometimes he lets Ella join him.
6. This spider lives on the front of our house. Jake wants to see how big it will get, so he isn't into killing it. I say it should go. Sick.
7. Last week I went to the base for Ella's Dr. appointment. We left the house early, and made it on time. Got to the office, and the lady was like "um... your appointment is actually for tomorrow." Great. So, we went back the next day for her appointment. Everything looked good. She never went in for a 9 month check up since we were moving and out of town, so we just made this her one year appointment. She's cutie short and still chubby, and doing everything she should be doing. I'm curious to see when she starts walking. Luke didn't walk until 15 months, but I'm thinking she'll decide to take off soon. I have to take her back this week to get her 1 year shots. Can't believe she's almost 1!
8. Saturday I pulled a muscle or did something to my right leg and I am bummed about it! Hurts just walking. Super annoying! I have logged over 250 miles over the last twelve weeks doing a Hal Higdon program... and felt great up till now. Six more weeks until the St. George Marathon and I was planning on doing another 170 miles before then. If I end up not being able to run the marathon because of this I think I'm going to cry.
9. Been thinking about putting Luke in a pre-school of some sort. He wants to go to school so bad and loves being around other kids his age. I don't know though....
10. My blog book came in the mail a couple weeks ago! Almost 4 years of blog inside. I took out some of the random posts I did that I no longer cared about, and ended up with 300 pages. Holy cow. Makes me want to keep blogging even though I don't always feel like doing it! And, it helped me realize what kinds of things I will actually care about later. I love looking back at my kids when they were tiny, and reading stories about them, and family vacations, and the day-to-day things. Not stuff that other people would find interesting, but I blog about if for us. Those are the posts that I'm glad I have now. I love scrapping, but know I'd never get around to scrap booking all this stuff. S0o, yeah for blurb!
4. What is the deal with "Bumpit"?? The infomercial about them is on all the time here. At first I thought they were the funniest things ever. I thought about buying one for a white elephant party or something. Then, I started seeing them at Walmart, and the lady in the return line ahead of Jake at Target was returning one. So, PEOPLE REALLY BUY THESE. (Or maybe they just do here in Vegas area??) Do you have one?
5. Whenever I go into the living room lately, Luke has taken off all of the pillows and couch cushions to make what he says is a rocket. He makes these "rockets" and then finds all of the remote controls, calculators, and toys with any type of button on them and shoves them under the pillows. Because, you know, cock-pits have a lot of buttons in them. NOT fun to clean up every day! Sometimes he lets Ella join him.
6. This spider lives on the front of our house. Jake wants to see how big it will get, so he isn't into killing it. I say it should go. Sick.
7. Last week I went to the base for Ella's Dr. appointment. We left the house early, and made it on time. Got to the office, and the lady was like "um... your appointment is actually for tomorrow." Great. So, we went back the next day for her appointment. Everything looked good. She never went in for a 9 month check up since we were moving and out of town, so we just made this her one year appointment. She's cutie short and still chubby, and doing everything she should be doing. I'm curious to see when she starts walking. Luke didn't walk until 15 months, but I'm thinking she'll decide to take off soon. I have to take her back this week to get her 1 year shots. Can't believe she's almost 1!8. Saturday I pulled a muscle or did something to my right leg and I am bummed about it! Hurts just walking. Super annoying! I have logged over 250 miles over the last twelve weeks doing a Hal Higdon program... and felt great up till now. Six more weeks until the St. George Marathon and I was planning on doing another 170 miles before then. If I end up not being able to run the marathon because of this I think I'm going to cry.
9. Been thinking about putting Luke in a pre-school of some sort. He wants to go to school so bad and loves being around other kids his age. I don't know though....
10. My blog book came in the mail a couple weeks ago! Almost 4 years of blog inside. I took out some of the random posts I did that I no longer cared about, and ended up with 300 pages. Holy cow. Makes me want to keep blogging even though I don't always feel like doing it! And, it helped me realize what kinds of things I will actually care about later. I love looking back at my kids when they were tiny, and reading stories about them, and family vacations, and the day-to-day things. Not stuff that other people would find interesting, but I blog about if for us. Those are the posts that I'm glad I have now. I love scrapping, but know I'd never get around to scrap booking all this stuff. S0o, yeah for blurb!

8 comments:
Ella's hair is so cute!! what a cutie to wake up to every morning... Chris is taking credit for the couch cushion rockets :) I'm so sorry to hear about your leg... yikes!!! I wish I was in vegas to help you!!!!
I love how everyone apologizes for writing stuff in their blog. Even I do it. But it's like hey, if you think I write to much or post too many pics about my family, then why are you even reading? haha It's for yourself, not them anyway.
Those bump commercials are on here too. Everyone makes fun of the "Utah hair" look. I bet they are selling like hot cakes there. haha
Ice your leg, it will feel tons better.
So, I actually found Cody and Paige's blog from your blog. I accidentally clicked on it one time and realized that I knew them :) Paige's mom was a HS teacher of mine and I was friends with Paige's siblings and extended family, oh yeah, and I went to HS with both Cody and Paige (but I don't know Cody)! I followed Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon program last year, I'm SUPER excited for you to do the full marathon! I'm not that ambitious :P Good luck with your training!
Hey girlie...hope you're feeling better soon! I'll be a gimp with ya since my foot is all messed up at the moment...so frustrating! I would like to fit in my clothes again one day so I kinda need the foot to heal! LOVE that blog book...I have got to get my act together and get mine printed up. ANd how cute is Ella?? Can't wait to see her! Luke too...the boys keep talking about seeing them again in Utah. As for the bump it...my friend got our other friend one as a gag gift for her going away party...it works! Certainly bumps that hair up...I don't think I'll be using it anytime soon though! See you next week...feel better!
It was so fun to come and hang out with you guys. Thanks again for inviting us over. And so glad you were able to come tonight! Hope you got some good stuff ;)
We need to get together again soon, to scrap maybe? You can give me some of your scrapping skills!
OK, so I'm in Utah and have never even heard of a Bumpit. Weird.
I've been wanting to do a Blurb book for a while--yours looks awesome!
Awesome blog book! And... how funny that Jake doesn't want to kill that black widow--Jed found two black widows in our backyard about three years ago and actually bought terrariums for them! He would go to the pet store to buy crickets for them to eat and kept them for quite a while In The House... Yikes!
Happy Birthday, morning baby! We love you!!!
Post a Comment