Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm a thief...

After the second session of conference today, I decided to venture to a nearby scrapbook store to get some fun paper for tomorrow's project... making altered letters with Jenni and Kristen. So, I took along some ribbon I had purchased from hobby lobby to match the colors. I found just what I was looking for and went up to pay. After the lady handed me my bag of paid-for goodies, she grabbed the ribbon off of the counter which was by my purse and was like "um... you didn't want this, did you?" and snatched it like I was going to steal it. She practically accused me of "intent to steal" if there is such a thing... haha. So, I had to explain that I brought it in from another store and was just trying to match my stuff. Geez woman! She saw the hobby lobby sticker still on the box and was like... "oh, well we have some just like this" and reluctantly gave it back. What's bugging me is that I feel guilty about the whole thing and I didn't do anything wrong! like I really was going to steal something! Aaaa! Why? So annoying.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh man, I hate awkward moments like that...when you're in a situation that makes you look like the bad guy even though you know you're not....no worries...we all know you're not a thief! =) That lady sounds rude...what store was it at??

erin said...

memory bucket

Kristen said...

I was scared of that too, but I forgot my paper when I was looking for ribbon so it didn't happen to me. That is so rude.