Wednesday, August 02, 2006

FaSt sHoEs!...

When I was little, I believed that new shoes made me run so much faster. I remember vividly in second grade a pair that I was certain made me the fastest girl at recess. In my mind, I was by far the best at red rover and kicked my friend's trash at tag... all because of my cool shoes- hot pink and bright green LA Gear. They had a million shoelaces in all three colors found on the shoe... white, pink, and green. Yes, they were awesome. :)
Well, I never really got over feeling faster when I get new running shoes, and getting a new pair is always a highlight of my summer. I'm not so sure that my legs actually move faster or that my brain is so excited about the comfortable new Nikes or Newbalances on my feet that running just seems more pleasant. Maybe being quicker is just in my imagination (most likely) or maybe I really am!
Anyway, last weekend Jake and I went shopping and I got some new running shoes... "Nike Air Zoom Miller." I was SO excited to try them out... and yes, I think that because of them, I ran faster then I did the day before in my old shoes. They are way more comfy then my last pair was, and the bright green on them reminds me of my cool old LA Gear. They totally make me feel like a kid again.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Love the new shoes! We muct be thinking alike..I just got some new Nikes this week too...I love getting new shoes! And I don't think it's a mental thing at all...new shoes definitely make you go faster. By the way, I loved LA Gear when I wa a kid! They were so COOL!!!