Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Um... Where's the Janitor?

Don't you hate it when it looks like you've done something really embarrassing when in reality it wasn't even you that did it? Well, that seems to happen to me a lot lately. Just dumb things that aren't really a big deal, but they bother me. For example, yesterday I went to the doctor as usual. The first thing they always have you do is pay a visit to the bathroom before listening to the baby's heartbeat. So I went into the bathroom (which is a single bathroom in the office... one toilet, one sink, etc.) and before I was going to do the whole sample collection thing I noticed that there was a huge wad of paper towels in the toilet. Seriously, this wad was the size of a grapefruit. Great. I thought I'd tell someone before I attempted to flush this wad that the toilet had a problem which needed to be taken care of. So, I left the bathroom thinking that the nurse was probably just in the room next door and could take care of it or something... but nobody was around! I gave up on waiting to find someone and decided to just go do my thing and hope that the wad would flush. To my surprise, when I flushed... the wad didn't even move! This massive mound of paper towels just sat there while the water swirled around it. I was sort of relieved that it didn't go down... because that may have caused the toilet to become really clogged or overflow or something... but now I just hoped that there wasn't someone waiting to use the bathroom now that would see me leave and think that I was the one dumb enough to put a million paper towels in the toilet (Seriously, what was the person thinking? There is a trash can in there..) I even contemplated for a second taking it out and putting it in the trash, but decided that the wad was way to disgusting to touch... how long had it been there? And, who knows what was on it? Well, to make the story short I left the bathroom and another patient was indeed waiting to enter. I tried to give her a heads up look and told her that the toilet was gross... But later, as I was leaving the office I passed her and she gave me a weird look. She probably had the same dilemma that I had while in there and thought that I was the one that messed up the bathroom. How embarrassing. Oh well... I guess I should be grateful that it was just another patient that I didn't know and not my doctor or someone I'll be seeing more of....

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Sick Aaron.

I always hated doing that sample. Every-single-time.

Jenni said...

Oh man...that is funny. I hope when I go to the dr today that the toilet is "paper-towel free". Oh, and there is no way on earth I would put my hand in a public toilet to remove someone else's stuff...that is so sick!