Wednesday, December 07, 2005
ALmoSt ChRiStmAS!
Until last night, it really didn't seem like December to me. I had done my Christmas shopping, set up our tree, put up decorations, and even made cookies... but it just didn't seem like the holiday season yet. Maybe it's because there isn't any snow and it isn't that cold here in San Antonio.. or it might be that for the first time in my life I haven't been looking forward to getting out of school for Christmas break (since I'm not in school right now)... but anyway, now I'm totally excited for Christmas. Jake and I went on a walk last night through the neighborhood across the street. It actually felt cold outside and lots of homes had lights on. There were a bunch of homes that were nicely decorated and then of course, there's always the couple houses that put up a bunch of yard trash. You know what I'm talking about... the yards that make you chuckle because they've got a weird hodge-podge of lights, blow-up Santas, reindeer, and glowing nativity sets on the front lawn. They're fun to look at. I'm just glad our neighbors aren't like that. After our walk, Charlie Brown's Christmas was on TV. I think I've watched it every single year at Christmas time since I've been alive. That movie is a classic. It can put anyone into a Christmas mode! So anyway, if it doesn't feel like Christmas time to you yet (despite going though all of the December motions)... try going on a walk and looking at the lights! And then watch your favorite Christmas movie :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's a good thing we don't live on that side of the neighborhood. ;)
yeah, there's some interesting stuff in that KB neighborhood...
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE driving arounda nd looking at the lights...it totally puts me in the mood--it's even better if it's a cold fogy night!
Whoops-foggy has two "g"'s...my bad.
Post a Comment