I finally found a company here in San Antonio that would hire me to work full time. It just happens to be at a Montessori school/childcare center where I'm teaching 25 five-year-olds Pre-Kindergarten curriculum some days, and hanging out with a room full of 12-18 month olds other days. Don't get me wrong, I love to be around kids! It's amazing how much they are capable of learning and how quickly they catch on to new things. I've always appreciated how they are able to teach adults through the adventurous and simple way they see life. However.... I soon found out that being around 25 children for so long is pretty strenuous. Needless to say, relaxing in peace and quiet sounds great when I come home from work. It would be so nice to sit down and watch TV, read, or check my email when I get home! However, as soon as I make ANY noise whatsoever.... my bird begins to squawk for attention. He's got an uncanny ability to detect even the slightest sound that would indicate I am home and not paying attention to him... and is the noisiest bird that has ever lived when he wants attention. He won't stop his loud hollering until I go in and talk to him and play for a while. So, as soon as I begin doing anything and hear his screeching I feel guilty and have to hang out with him. He is super cute and can be pretty entertaining though. He not only whistles at everyone, but he gives kisses, dances to music, plays funny games, and likes to eat treats. He'll even pick your nose for you-- you'll have to ask my husband about that one though. Despite his loud screeching and the big messes he makes, he is a great pet. If only he would give me some time to relax at the end of the day!
Monday, August 15, 2005
My Cute Nuisance...
I finally found a company here in San Antonio that would hire me to work full time. It just happens to be at a Montessori school/childcare center where I'm teaching 25 five-year-olds Pre-Kindergarten curriculum some days, and hanging out with a room full of 12-18 month olds other days. Don't get me wrong, I love to be around kids! It's amazing how much they are capable of learning and how quickly they catch on to new things. I've always appreciated how they are able to teach adults through the adventurous and simple way they see life. However.... I soon found out that being around 25 children for so long is pretty strenuous. Needless to say, relaxing in peace and quiet sounds great when I come home from work. It would be so nice to sit down and watch TV, read, or check my email when I get home! However, as soon as I make ANY noise whatsoever.... my bird begins to squawk for attention. He's got an uncanny ability to detect even the slightest sound that would indicate I am home and not paying attention to him... and is the noisiest bird that has ever lived when he wants attention. He won't stop his loud hollering until I go in and talk to him and play for a while. So, as soon as I begin doing anything and hear his screeching I feel guilty and have to hang out with him. He is super cute and can be pretty entertaining though. He not only whistles at everyone, but he gives kisses, dances to music, plays funny games, and likes to eat treats. He'll even pick your nose for you-- you'll have to ask my husband about that one though. Despite his loud screeching and the big messes he makes, he is a great pet. If only he would give me some time to relax at the end of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cutie Pete! I hear ya, our old dog Sadie was the same way, except she would pee on your bed when you were trying to be nice and let her sleep with you.
Huh? Since when do you guys have a bird?
Oh, and now I don't feel so bad for ditching my kids with you over Memorial Day weekend--now that I know it was actually training you for your current job, an internship, if you will... I'll send you a bill! ;^)
Post a Comment